MassDigitalHealth.org Editors – March 3, 2020
MIT Hacking Medicine started small in 2011 but today its Grand Hack event in April attracts over 400 people from all over the world. What is it about this event and the Massachusetts digital health ecosystem that attracts so many people to Cambridge every year? We talked with MIT Hacking Medicine’s Freddy Nguyen to learn more about how this event started, how it has grown, and what we can expect at this year’s event in April.
1. How did MIT Hacking Medicine start?
2. Over 50 companies have been created as a result of MIT Hacking Medicine events. What are some of the Massachusetts companies that formed as result of this event?
3. Last year over 400 people participated in the MIT Grand Hack. What is it about the Massachusetts digital health ecosystem that attracts so many to this event?
4. What are the four tracks for participants in this year’s MIT Grand Hack?
5. Do participants in this year’s MIT Grand Hack need to be part of a team or can they just show up on their own?
6. Where can people find out more about the MIT Grand Hack?